To define is to limit

12:58 AM


I've been postponing this post for quite some time now. The reason is that, whenever I experience something delightful, I like to let my impressions overwhelm me, let them rule my mind, take me places, and not until everything settles, do I let myself draw a conclusion or express my opinion on the matter.

Just a few months ago, I read "The Picture of Dorian Gray" and found myself seduced by the words of Lord Henry Wotton and the way he sees the world. Though the way he speaks about women makes him a total di*k, that doesn't change the fact that this character truly got me into thinking about things. Got me realizing things about myself. Actually, not that much realizing, but more articulating ideas that were floating around my head.

Where is the line between fulfilling your purpose, driven by your genuine desires, and being completely crushed and destroyed by your own selfishness? Is it true that there are things that lie deep in us, things that we subconsciously suppress, things that have to emerge at some point because our future is the only thing we can't change? Do we act morally because we have integrity and principals we believe in and stick to, or just because we're afraid of society's disapproval or some other sort of punishment?

When I mentioned, at the beginning, that I let my impressions take me places, I meant figuratively, but in this particular case it could also be taken literally. Because Dorian Gray took me to the ballet of the same name and I loved the genre because (let me quote the magnificent Louis Litt) "it embodies our emotions, its breathtaking in its beauty, and most importantly, it expresses  what cannot be put into words". The outfit you're looking at was worn on that occasion, and the music that's following this post is from the ballet, played during one of the key scenes, and in my opinion - the most beautiful one.

Hope you'll enjoy the pictures and be sure to share your impressions on the topic :)
Until the next post!
Marija

(photos taken by: little sister, myself // equipment used: Canon EOS 600D, lens 50mm f/1.8)

blouse // Springfield
skirt // Zara
wedges // Stradivarius
bag // Terranova

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. Hello from Spain: I really like your outfit. It is very trendy. Keep in touch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super kombinacija, svidja mi se bas :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Post je sjajan! I moda i poezija i kultura. Sve pohvale! :)

    insppppp.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete